Come Join Us as We Explore the Science and Application of Natural Channel and Stream Corridor Rehabilitation
Over the course of two days, we will feature International Keynote Speakers, Concurrent Sessions, Panels and Workshops, as well as a Poster Session and our ever popular Wine and Cheese social event. New to this year’s Conference is the creation of a Living Lab Space to provide an enrichment experience to the new as well as the experienced professional. This space is intended to offer attendees an opportunity to view projects, interact with displays and share experiences. Check out our Program at a Glance for our conference events listing.
Date: September 26 & 27, 2016
Location: Marriott Gateway, Niagara Falls, ON
The Preliminary Program is now available for viewing. Visit the website for details on the concurrent sessions.
Registration is now open – don’t miss the early bird rate! Save $100 when registering for the Two Day Registration Package prior to the early bird deadline of Monday, August 15th, 2016.
A Two Day Registration Package includes:
- Choice of over 24 concurrent sessions
- Access to Exhibits from Government, Business, and Agencies
- Keynote presentations (see below for more information)
Meet our Master of Ceremonies and Keynote Speakers
Our Master of Ceremony, Serge Metikosh, is a Sr. Fish Habitat Biologist and President of Fish Habitat Solutions Inc. with more than 40 years of experience as a Fish and Fish Habitat Biologist and as an environmental impact assessment practitioner.
Colin Thorne is Professor and Chair of Physical Geography at the University of Nottingham. He is an environmental scientist with expertise in erosion, sediment transport and sedimentation in natural, modified and managed rivers, particularly with respect to the restoration of lost river functions, form and habitat.
Chester Watson is an Emeritus Professor of Civil Engineering with experience in fluvial morphology, erosion, and sediment transport in modified and managed watersheds and streams.
Marc Gaboury has many years of experience in fish habitat restoration and enhancement, environmental impact assessment, and research. He has extensive experience in preparing integrated watershed restoration plans and the design and construction of fish habitat restoration structures.
A discounted block of rooms has been reserved at the Marriott Gateway on the Falls, Niagara Falls. The single or double occupy rates of $139 or a city view and $159 for a falls view are available for Sunday September 25th and Monday September 26th. There is a $25.00 additional cost per person for triple and quadruple accommodations.
For delegates wanting to reserve for Saturday September 24th, please call the in-house hotel reservation office at 1‑800‑618‑9059.
Book by September 6th to reserve your room at the discounted rate!
Let's All Promote
We ask for your assistance with our marketing efforts to increase traffic to this event. Below are the ways in which you can help us promote this year’s event.
- Post the Natural Channels logo on your website and link it to www.naturalchannels.ca . Please request the logo from Mario Maillet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Add Natural Channels Conference to your website Calendar of Events – September 26th and 27th, 2016 at the Marriott Gateway, Niagara Fall ON
- Include this newsletter in your upcoming newsletters, announcements or emails
- Promote this event through Social Media networking - Let your members, colleagues, fans and followers know you are participating at the Natural Channels Conference.
- Write a blog or an article mentioning Natural Channels and email us a copy and we will add it to our website and provide a link in our newsletters.
For any questions, please contact:
Conference Coordinator, 5th International Conference on Natural Channel Systems
1‑888‑274‑1364 ext. 103